2020: Athens & 7 Night Idyllic Aegean Islands Cruise (6610)
11 days from Athens to Athens
Call (641) 842-5322 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14587215
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Piraeus||Get to know the modern and ancient history of this fascinating city on the included guided sightseeing tour. Explore the ruins of the ACROPOLIS, the ancient temple-city symbolizing the greatness of ancient Greece in politics, culture, and philosophy. The city is busy and yet very fascinating, as it combines the great ancient heritage with modern creativity expressed in architecture and street art. Spend some free time discovering the city before driving to Piraeus to embark on your cruise ship in the late afternoon. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Kusadasi||This morning, wake up in Turkey. Kusadasi is one of the favorite cruise ship destinations in the Mediterranean and boasts a seaside promenade with many hotels, cafes, and restaurants. Furthermore, the town is also very close to EPHESUS, the ancient city that boasts remarkable excavations from the Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines. Take advantage of the included half-day sightseeing shore excursion to the archaeological park, and learn about these important civilizations of the past. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Rhodes||Dock in Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands and site of the mythical Colossus of Rhodes, a 105-foot statue destroyed by an earthquake in 224 BC. Enjoy the half-day included excursion to LINDOS, with focus on the ancient ACROPOLIS and on the CITADEL OF THE KNIGHTS. Make sure that you spend some time wandering the narrow streets of the lively old city of Rhodes, with the many shops, cafes and bars. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Heraklion||Today's stop is on the large island of Crete. The ship will dock in Heraklion, where you will have the opportunity to learn about Knossos on the included sightseeing tour. KNOSSOS was the site of the most important palace of Minoan civilization. According to tradition, it was the seat of the legendary King Minos. The Palace is also connected with thrilling legends, such as the myth of the Labyrinth with the Minotaur, and the story of Daidalos and Icaros. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Santorini||Among the world's best honeymoon destinations, Santorini, belongs to a group of islands surrounding the submerged caldera of a volcano. It was believed that the lost city of Atlantis was in these waters. The white-and-blue houses, built on the hills crowning the blue ocean, dotted with bright pink and red bougainvillea are the emblem of this breathtakingly beautiful island. Disembark to explore and maybe taste some of its local wines. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Mykonos||Depart Santorini in the early hours of the morning to arrive in Milos. The volcanic activity in ancient years has gifted this island with varied dramatic landscape, offering the visitor a wide range of activities. The funny shaped rocks with their wonderful colors on the beautiful white sandy beaches are just one of the volcanic features. In the early afternoon leave the port and arrive in Mykonos in time to enjoy the exciting nightlife of this mesmerizing island. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Mykonos||Spend the day exploring Mykonos, with its rugged landscapes, white houses, chapels, and windmills. Relax at one of its beautiful sandy beaches or do some souvenir shopping in the narrow alleyways of the town center. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Athens||Disembark the ship this morning and, before checking into the hotel, enjoy the included guided visit of the Athens ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM. Here, you'll discover the most important treasures of ancient Greece that were found at all major archaeological sites across the country. Later, enjoy some free time and maybe take a walk in the old Plaka district with its many tavernas and souvenir shops. (B)|
|Day 10||Athens||Your last day in Greece is at leisure. You can further explore the city with the aid of the CosmosGO app, or you can enjoy an optional excursion to the spectacular cliffside village of Delphi to visit the famous archaeological site, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ancient Greeks considered Delphi the navel of the earth and built a sumptuous temple dedicated to Apollo. The journey through mainland rural areas will reveal a different side of Greece with remarkable landscapes. (B)|
|Day 11||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy in twin inside cabins.Supplement for single room on land and single occupancy of inside cabin IA:$559Reduction for triple room on land and triple occupancy of inside cabin IA: $90Combination guaranteed shares on land and triple cabin on Greek cruise not available.Port Taxes $289 & Gratuities $70 to service personnel on board the ship are not included but are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).