GLOBUS 2021: French Sampler (RB)
8 days from Paris to Monte Carlo
From its vibrant cities and charming, smaller towns to the beautiful countryside and sumptuous cuisine, France has it all. On this French Sampler tour, get a sample of what France has to offer with overnights in Paris, Beaune, Aix-en-Provence, and Monte Carlo, Monaco. Highlights of this French tour include guided sightseeing of Paris with a visit to the impressive courtyard of Les Invalides and a visit to the remarkable Palace and Gardens of Versailles - the principal residence of the French kings from the time of Louis XIV to Louis XVI is nothing short of spectacular. Other tour highlights are walking tours through Avignon to see the Palace of the Popes and through the maze of small streets to the market square of Aix-en-Provence. On this French tour, Globus has also included some out-of-the-ordinary experiences. Enjoy wine tasting in Beaune, capital of the Burgundy region; taste the local pastis during a visit to the picturesque hilltop town of St. Paul de Vence, and in Eze, create your own fragrance at a famous perfume factory. These are just some of the many highlights included on this marvelous tour traveling through France and ending in Monte Carlo, Monaco. It's a marvelous vacation experience!
Call (641) 842-5322 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14885383
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Paris' lively restaurants, followed by an orientation drive. (D)|
|Day 2||Paris||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features Paris' main sights like the Arc de Triomphe, Opera, Madeleine, Louvre, Champs-Elysees, and Notre Dame Cathedral. Visit the impressive COURTYARD of Les Invalides, a complex of buildings, originally built as a home and hospital for war veterans, which houses various museums as well as the Dome Church, burial place of Napoleon. To make the most of your stay, optional excursions are available. (B)|
|Day 3||Beaune||A short drive brings you to Versailles, where a guided visit to the impressive PALACE AND GARDENS has been included. Continue along the Route du Soleil and take in views of chateaux before entering the Burgundy vineyards. Arrive in Beaune, wine capital of the region, and enjoy a [LF] WINE TASTING at the renowned Marche aux Vins wine cellar. Time to stroll around in this quaint town. See Notre Dame Baslica and visit the famous HOTEL-DIEU, which was originally built as a hospital for the poor.Today's Distance: 205 mi / 330 km (B)|
|Day 4||Aix-en-Provence||Leave Burgundy and enter Provence. At Pont du Gard, marvel at the largest remaining Roman aqueduct in France, a monumental feat of engineering completed in 19 BC. Avignon, a walled town on the Rhone River, became the residence of the popes in the 14th century. During your walking tour, take pictures of the magnificent Palace of the Popes and the famous bridge, and browse through the colorful shops that sell traditional products made in Provence, like cloth, honey, herbs, and nougat candy. Next is the pleasant town of Aix-en-Provence.Today's Distance: 292 mi / 470 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Aix-en-Provence||Aix-en-Provence is one of France's most elegant cities; it was the birthplace of painter Cezanne, and has always attracted artists from around the world. Join your Tour Director for a pleasant walk to the market square. Wander through the maze of small streets and along shaded Cours Mirabeau. Balance of the day is at leisure. (B)|
|Day 6||Monte Carlo||Visit [LF] the picturesque hilltop town of St. Paul de Vence, one of the oldest medieval towns on the French Riviera. Marvel at the many art galleries and little shops, and try out a glass of the local pastis. Then, turn to the glittering Mediterranean Sea and arrive in the tiny Principality of Monaco, built on a rocky peninsula and famed for its nightlife. Later, join an optional excursion to see the palace and royal church of Monaco town, have dinner, and try your luck at the Monte Carlo casino.Today's Distance: 137 mi / 220 km (B)|
|Day 7||Monte Carlo||Enjoy a morning at leisure to dabble in the blue Mediterranean Sea. In the afternoon, a scenic drive with spectacular views brings you to Eze, where a unique highlight awaits: visit the famous Fragonard perfume factory and [LF] CREATE YOUR OWN FRAGRANCE, followed by a farewell dinner at a local restaurant to celebrate the success of your trip.Today's Distance: 31 mi / 50 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Monte Carlo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. The nearest airport is Nice. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $850, $910 (June 07)No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).